Quoteline 0845 074like us on facebook
Home        About Us        Branches        Insurance Services        Commercial News        Careers        Contact Us
| Home Insurance
| Motor Car Insurance
| Motor Cycle Insurance
| Commercial Van Insurance
| Windscreen Cover*
| Personal Accident
| Courtesy Car*
| Travel Insurance
| Business Insurance
For a competitive car insurance quote, simply fill in our online form and one of our advisors will contact you with an offer tailored to suit your needs
get quote>

Motor Cycle Insurance
Prices for Motor Cycle insurance coverage, which is mandatory anywhere in the UK, can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the Motor Cycle rider's age and driving record, the size and type of the bike insured, and where the rider lives. There are also a number of coverage options, which can affect the price such as age, engine size and type of cover required. Dickson & Co work to find our customers the best deal for their Motor Cycle Insurance. It is important to us that you are completely covered and that you have the correct insurance at the correct price. Our team of insurance experts are available to assist you to find the right insurance for your needs.

Types of insurance coverage include:

Third party
This is the minimum required type of coverage, and it is also the cheapest. The 'third party' refers to any property the rider could damage or any person the rider might injure. The rider is not covered for personal injury or for damage to the Motor Cycle. If the rider damages a car, the car owner could file a claim against the rider.

Third party fire and theft
This is the same as third party coverage, but it also covers the rider against the Motor Cycle being stolen or damaged by fire.

This is the most expensive but best insurance coverage, although it does not cover any passengers or property from injury and damage. This coverage usually includes:
* Damage to the Motor Cycle
* Replacing any parts damaged in an accident
* Personal injury to the rider

Pillion passenger insurance
The rider now has the option whether to have this cover or not; in the past, all policies automatically included cover for a pillion passenger. The rider can save up to 10% by not selecting coverage for a passenger, but then the rider should not ever carry a pillion passenger on the bike.

Insurance coverage typically has what is called an 'excess' meaning that the rider has to pay for first £50 or £100 etc, of damage before the insurance begins to pay. The insurance company will provide a certificate of insurance, which the rider must carry on the bike to present when applying for a license, if asked by a policeman, or in the event of an accident.

Exact coverage varies between insurance companies, so the rider should review the policy carefully and ask the broker any questions. Engine-size groups can also vary the cost of Motor Cycle insurance.

For more information on our insurance products contact any of our branches
or click get quote for Motor Cycle insurance tailored to suit your needs.

Omagh 028 8225 1241  Newtownstewart 028 8166 2002  Dungannon 028 8772 6082  Cookstown 028 8676 2048  Newry 028 3026 5447
Dickson and Co is a trading name of Dickson and Co (NI) Limited which is registered at 54 Dromore Road, Omagh, Co Tyrone BT78 1RB with number NI072179. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of business rules. We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service. You can find out more at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk